Thursday, March 25, 2010

Fort Ross / Coleman Valley on a bum achilles

So I went to the doctor and yes, I managed to partially tear my achilles. Classic old guy injury. Having my foot immobilized in a ski boot all season and then coming off the couch to chase an elite pro triathlete for 100 miles in the hills is bound to leave a mark. Anyway, I took it easy for a week and stayed off the bike, then I did a solo ride of an abbreviated King Ridge loop last weekend. So abbreviated it was, that I never even rode King Ridge but instead cut across to the coast on Fort Ross Road. Weather was fantastic, and I finished with the classic climb up Coleman Valley Rd. Awesome day, but paid for it with more swelling in the Achilles.

A subsequent doctor visit confirms that I have a bum achilles and I need to cut the riding and start some physical therapy to rehab. I'm off to Singapore for a week, so that should help...

Album:

No comments: