Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Brioche Ride

One of our favorite spots is the Sunday morning Marin Farmers Market, held at the San Rafael Civic Center. They have a huge selection of fresh fruit and other goodies, jumpy houses to entertain the kids, good coffee and this one bakery that makes the most kick ass sugar brioche this side of the Boulevard St. Germain. The other great thing about the market is that it makes for a great one-way ride from my house in Tiburon to meet the family. I can leave early, get in a decent ride, then we can spend a couple of hours drinking coffee and snacking our way through the booths. Nice day.

This was the plan today. I pedaled out of the garage at 6:30am and rode through Mill Valley up to the top of Mt. Tam. After soaking in the views, I dropped down the 7 sisters to Alpine Dam and Fairfax. I still had some time, so I took the long way to San Rafael (via Whites Hill --> Nicasio --> Lucas Valley). The kids were in full jumpy house mode when I got there, so I headed right for the brioche guys. I was not disappointed.

Stats:
Distance: 53.25mi
Time: 3:13:46
Ascent: 4,300'

Mt. Tam looks the same on this elevation profile as it does from my house. Strange.

No comments: