Saturday, June 14, 2008

Marshall Wall 80 Mile Loop

I snuck out for an early ride with Matt and a crew from Endurance PTC this morning. We rode easy through the hamlets to Nicasio, then the Cheese Factory/Marshall Wall to Pt. Reyes. On the Marshall climb, I led out with another one of the guys climbing right alongside at a pretty good tempo. I was even more impressed at the top, when he told me the story of how he had a heart attack on a ride at this very spot a few years earlier. Dude!

After a coffee stop at the Bovine Bakery we rode a fast paceline down the coast to BoFax. Along the way, I charged way too hard on one of the many little uphill rollers and spread the group out like the total rookie that I am. Matt accused me of "throwing a hand grenade into the peleton". Oops :-) A good climb up BoFax and the Sisters dropped us back into Mill Valley. Nice day.

Stats:
Distance: 79.81mi
Time: 4:27:24
Climbing: 6,500'

No comments: